What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a distinction granted to any institution meeting or exceeding the stated criteria of educational quality. The purposes of accreditation include:
- Assess and enhance the educational quality of an institution.
- Assure consistency in institutional operations.
- Promote institutional improvement.
- Provide for public accountability.
Why is it important to you?
Accreditation affects you by providing for the responsibility of an institution and assuring prospective and current students of the following:
- It is recognized as a qualified institution of higher learning with approved programs of study that meet recognized academic standards.
- It employs a professional staff.
- It has sufficient facilities and equipment.
This school voluntarily undergoes periodic accrediting evaluations by teams of qualified examiners including subject experts and specialists in occupational education and private school administration.
Institutional & Programmatic Accreditation
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). Notice to students and prospective students: Everest's campuses in Brandon, Pompano Beach, and South Orlando have been placed on probation by their accreditor, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools ("ACICS") based on retention and placement rates reported to ACICS in 2014 and 2015.
- The Medical Assistant diploma program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, (727) 210-2350.
- The Surgical Technologist (AS) degree program is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, 7777 Leesburg Pike Suite 314 N. Falls Church, VA 22043, 703-917-9503, 703-917-4109 (fax), (www.abhes.org).
- The Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000, www.acenursing.org. ACEN granted continuing accreditation with warning. Follow up site visit scheduled Fall 2016.
Memberships & Approvals
- Assigned School by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB).
- The Massage Therapy program is approved by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.
- The Associate degree in Nursing (ADN) program has full approval by the Florida Board of Nursing, 4052 Bald Cypress Way, BIN C02, Tallahassee, FL 32399-3252, 850.245.4125, www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nursing.
- Authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, License No. 2627”. Fl. Adm. Code 6E-2.004(11)(c)(14).
- Member, Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools.
* Copies of accreditation, approval and membership documentation are available for inspection at the campus. Please contact the campus president to review this material.