This is the place to get the latest Everest news and events.
5 Qualities Employers Look for to Reward Employees
Posted Monday, Dec 19, 2011 by admin
Here’s a little secret! There are usually five qualities that employers look for to reward employees for a job well done, no matter what the employee’s profession or where they work.
- Leadership – The more leadership ability a person displays, the more effective they can be on the job. Are you the kind of person that likes to take charge? Or, are you the type of person that waits to be told what to do? Your ability to lead may determine potential impact in any aspect of your life.
- Vision – It’s the ability to see things other people can’t. Is there a better way to service and support the customers on your job? Can you learn a new skill that will benefit your company and teammates?
- Courage – There may be a time when you have to stand by your principles unless reaching a concensus seems like the right thing to do.
- Dedication – Are you willing to work an extra hour if you have to? Are you the kind of person that believes something should be done right the first time around – or not at all?
- Responsibility – Are you always willing to take responsibility for what happens in your life, good or bad? Why? Because true leaders know they’re responsible for their own actions and results.
You may not have a job at present, or you might be employed and looking for a better job or career. You may even be in high school and wondering what the future holds. One for sure thing is that education is important. It can sometimes be a life-changer.