This is the place to get the latest Everest news and events.
Joining a Study Group – A Good Idea?
Posted Thursday, Dec 27, 2012 by admin
You may not hear many arguments against the positive merits of joining a study group. If you have plans to attend college, a study group can help you stay motivated and connected. Just remember to help your group stay focused and to use its study time wisely.
Here are a few reasons why joining a study group can be a good idea:
- Be Productive — Group study sessions can often be quite productive. It allows you to talk and share ideas with fellow students. A study group can also give you an opportunity to review topics covered in the classroom.
- Compare Notes — In a study group, you can compare class notes to see if you’ve missed anything important.
- Get Clarity — Gain clarification about your instructor’s lecture or discuss textbook concepts that may be challenging to understand.
- Learn from Others — Learn from the questions asked by fellow students. There’s a possibility that someone will ask a question that you’ve missed.
- Be Motivated — A study group can be motivational because you don’t want to let others down by not contributing and taking part in discussions or study sessions.
Enroll at Everest
Everest offers an opportunity for you to learn, grow and plan for a career through higher education. Whatever program you choose, you’ll experience the benefits of learning with instructors who can share real-world knowledge that you can apply directly to the job on day one of employment.
You’ll also benefit from the help and support of Everest’s Career Services department. They can help you write a compelling cover letter and resume, which can sometimes mean the difference between landing a job and continuing to look for work. Does the interviewing process intimidate you? If so, our Career Services team can arrange mock interviews to help you develop confidence and poise.
Contact Everest to learn more about our programs, class start dates, financial aid (for those who qualify) and Career Services.