This is the place to get the latest Everest news and events.
Train for Your Medical Assistant Career at Everest Institute in Hialeah
Posted Friday, Apr 12, 2013 by Allen B. Ury
Would you like a job in the health care field but don’t want to spend years going to medical or nursing school? If so, a medical assistant career could be just what you’re looking for.
Medical assistants play an important support role in doctors’ offices, clinics, specialty care and other health care facilities. They take patient vital signs, get patient histories, create and manage medical records, and assist doctors with their examinations and procedures. They also possess roles such as office administrators and schedule appointments.
Working conditions for medical assistants tend to be very good. You work in a professional environment alongside other trained professionals. Hours tend to be regular. And health care? Usually not a problem.
So if this is indeed a career option you’d like to explore, the new question is, where should you get your training? If you live in South Florida, consider Everest Institute in Hialeah.
Why Everest Institute?
There are several compelling reasons to consider Everest in Hialeah for your medical assistant training. These include:
- Everest trains, graduates and places more medical assistants than any other school in America.
- Everest can help you apply for – and manage — financial assistance.*
- You can complete Everest’s Medical Assistant program in as little as 8 months.
- Everest’s classes are small, so you can get the personalized attention you may need.
- Everest emphasizes hands-on training. You learn by doing in a simulated medical office environment.
- Your instructors are professional medical assistants. They know the business and design their approach to meet what today’s employers are looking for.
- In addition to your technical training, you’ll also work on developing your professional skills and work habits so you can be the kind of quality employee employers value.
- Everest has a Career Services department that will help you transition to the working world. They’ll help set up job interviews, help refine your interviewing skills and even help you select the proper professional wardrobe.
About the Hialeah Campus
Everest’s Hialeah campus serves students throughout Miami-Dade County. Located at 530 W. 49th Street, the Hialeah campus can be reached easily from the State Highway 924 Toll Road or by metro bus. In addition to its Medical Assistant program, Everest’s Hialeah campus also offers the following career training programs:
- Associate of Applied Management
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice — Private and Homeland Security
- Criminal Justice — Social and Youth Services
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Surgical Technologist
* Financial aid is available for those who qualify.