This is the place to get the latest Everest news and events.
What to Do When You’re Unemployed
Posted Monday, Feb 13, 2012 by admin
Let’s say your company downsizes or you got fired. Most people who experience this will agree that having a backup plan is a good thing. So, what’s the next step and how do you move from where you are now to where you’d like to be tomorrow?
Why not learn and grow through career training?
Some people jump right back in the saddle, send resumes and plan interviews. Others wait, shake off the dust and evaluate their life before getting back on the job-hunt circuit. But no matter what you choose to do, downtime can present an opportunity to learn and grow. Consider the following:
- Develop a network – Enlist friends and professionals who can lend support.
- Re-evaluate – What are you good at? What are your hobbies? What career fields interest you? These can be indicators of where you talents lie and help you narrow your choices.
- Conduct research – Consider the companies or career fields that interest you the most. Think about what you already know and what you need to know. Write down the questions you need answered. Search the Internet, books, journals or other materials with helpful information.
- Manage your time – A timeline for completing research can help prevent you from getting behind before you even start.
- Retrain – What will your budget allow? Is your plan to earn while you learn? Is there a realistic chance of reaching your educational goals?
Everest understands that change happens. And we’re here to answer questions and offer solutions if you want to upgrade your possibilities through higher education.
Learn more about a program in your area, start dates and career services. What you learn may open the door to a whole new world of exciting possibilities.
Contact us today for additional information.