This is the place to get the latest Everest news and events.
Why We Need Education
Posted Friday, Feb 25, 2011 by admin
From the Career Development Suite
“In an economy where knowledge is the most valuable commodity a person and a country have to offer, the best jobs will go to the best educated — whether they live in the United States or India or China.”
~ President Barack Obama
While there are endless arguments that may draw a direct relationship between education and success, just limiting the purpose of an education to getting a job is an injustice and an insult to the significance of each individual. Education can be a tool to help one secure meaningful employment, and it can also help empower an individual to think, ask questions, and see far beyond the obvious things in life.
Why Is an Education Important?
Several obvious reasons to embrace education are:
- Education can broaden one’s horizon, giving that person a better understanding of the world and how things work
- Education can work to reduce social and economic disparity
- Education encourages a person to become more health conscious
- Education can often lead to jobs that we enjoy and find more meaningful and interesting, often resulting in a better quality of life
- Education places a person in a position to make greater societal contributions
believes that a student’s life is worthy of enhancement, and that education is a means of helping that student get closer to realizing his or her dreams of success. Sure, making the effort to upgrade one’s self is a challenge. Just think of the benefits you’ll gain. Each level of achievement can be a stepping-stone to the next.
Contact Everest today to find out more about the career training programs offered in the fields of business, health care, criminal justice and more.
Programs vary by campus.